Sunday, January 7, 2018

#80 - Republicans Say the Darndest Things

I have leaned Right most of my life, but I began leaning Left in the new millennium.  There was no single reason, but a look at my take of the 2017 Top Ten Darndest Things said by born and raised hard core and high level Republicans in the first year of the administration of Donald J. Trump reaffirm for me, that my own shift in political leaning was one of the smarter things I have ever done in my life.


(Limit one quote per person)

#10 - Steve Bannon, former Chief Strategist for President Donald J Trump: “They are going to crack Donny Junior like an egg on National TV” …priceless

#9 - Michael Flynn, former National Security Advisor for President Donald J. Trump: “I respectfully decline to answer the question and hereby invoke my Fifth Amendment right to avoid self-incrimination.”…did I really say National Security Advisor?

#8 - Anthony Scaramucci, former Director of Communications for President Donald J. Trump: “Reince is a f****** paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac…‘Let me leak the f****** thing and see if I can c***-block these people the way I c***-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’” ……….oh Mooch, you had so much potential, and yet we hardly knew you. I have to admit I was despondent when you were let go after only 11 days on the job. File under: Opportunities Lost

#7 - Sean Spicer, former Press Secretary for President Donald J Trump: "This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, PERIOD!," ……….are you convinced now?

#6 – Governor John Kasich of Ohio (R), in his 2017 book “Two Paths: Divided or United” on the proposal from Donny Jr, that he run as DJT’s VP: “"He would leave the running of the country to someone else and keep his focus on the smoke-and-mirror aspects of the job of president, helping Americans feel that he was somehow making their lives better just by being at the helm."

#5 - Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina (R): "Because of the manner in which you have handled the Charlottesville tragedy, you are now receiving praise from some of the most racist and hate-filled individuals and groups in our country. For the sake of our nation -- as our President -- please fix this …History is watching us all,"

#4 - Senator John McCain of Arizona (R): "To fear the world we have organized and led for three-quarters of a century, to abandon the ideals we have advanced around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership and our duty to remain 'the last best hope of earth' for the sake of some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would rather find scapegoats than solve problems is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history."

#3 - Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee (R) “Unfortunately, I think world leaders are aware that much of what he (Donald J. Trump) says is untrue. Certainly, people here are, because these things are provably untrue. They are just factually incorrect, and people know the difference. So I don’t know why he lowers himself to such a low, low standard, and debases our country in the way that he does, but he does. . . . It’s unfortunate that our nation finds itself in this place.”

#2 - Senator Jeff Flake of Arizona (R): “Reckless, outrageous, and undignified behavior has become excused and countenanced as telling it like it is when it is actually just reckless, outrageous, and undignified. And when such behavior emanates from the top of our government, it is something else. It is dangerous to a democracy”

#1 – President Donald J. Trump – “Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart….I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.........to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!”

“Genius”… of course, it’s as plain as the nose on my face. How did I miss it?

The best fiction writers in the world can’t make this stuff up. As for me, an amateur blogger, well, the truth is I’m pretty lazy, and it’s just easier to let Republicans do my job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment