Friday, September 28, 2018

#113 - Ford v. Kavanaugh - Part 2

In all likelihood, the color of my glasses which have a decidedly blue tint to block out the rays of the sun, also color my views of Ford v. Kavanaugh

Both Ford and Kavanaugh appear believable enough to make a clear cut choice between the two individuals' stories difficult for any impartial person.   But it is because time and time and time again Kavanugh dodged and equivocated when pressed to tell the Senate Committee, that he would proactively ask for an FBI to re-open their background check and speak with Mark Judge, that I believe he is trying to hide something.

What that something is, we will likely never know.

Under the cover of Lindsey Graham's righteous indignation of the pain that Kavanaugh and his family have had to suffer,  Graham lambasted Democrats and their apparent delayed disclosure of the incident in question, and stifled any further pursuit of the truth.

Graham's pointed response was reminiscent of a fire and brimstone preacher telling his flock that their sins would damn them to hell for all eternity.   He used his own anger and emotion to strangle any negative thoughts on the part of his fellow Republican Senators, and rally the troops.

"To my Republican colleagues, if you vote 'no', you're legitimizing the most despicable thing that I have seen in my time in politics." 

The most despicable thing that I have seen in my time in politics....

Perhaps, Lindsey, but perhaps not.

Unlike my own blue tinted glasses, my belief is that God sees more clearly than I ever will, and so I maintain, its not beyond the realm of comprehension that when God speaks to Lindsey on his personal day of judgment, he might remind him of this potentially persuasive and pointed statement that he made yesterday, and he might  ask Lindsey

... if the name Merrick Garland rings a bell.







No comments:

Post a Comment