Friday, March 16, 2018

#89 - Will Hillary Clinton PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEEEASE Go Away and Never Come Back?


If I lost a head-to-head election to Donald J. Trump, I would feel such shame, such embarrassment and such abject failure, that I would want to crawl into a hole and never come out.   I mean, let’s face it, it’s only a slight exaggeration to say that a highly trained seal should have beaten Donald Trump.

Apparently, that’s not the belief held by the former Democratic Candidate for President and now (thankfully) irrelevant, Hillary Clinton.      

I could forgive her loss to the Republican candidate.  I could forgive the fact that she wasted one of the best looking resumes ever held by any presidential candidate.  I could forgive the fact that she was handed the nomination on a silver platter, with the support of a popular sitting Democratic President and with the Democratic National Committee secretly sitting in her back pocket. I could forgive the fact that she had the advantage of being the first female President of the United States. I could even forgive the fact that she lost to one of the most horrible individuals on the planet. …. if only for once in her life, she would shut up and stop making excuses.  If only, she would take some responsibility.

This past week proved once and for all, that this will never happen, that she will never accept responsibility for letting our country down and leaving us with Donald Trump.   She will never own her loss. 

Speaking at a conference in Mumbai, India this week Clinton continued her “Make Excuses for Failing America, Again” Tour when she (I) inferred that folks in Red States were pessimistic and backward and (ii) women who voted for Trump were incapable of standing up to their Man

Aggggghhhhhh!  Stop it ! Stop it! Stop it ! You are kiling me ! Has this woman learned nothing in her 18 months of political exile ?  

So you don’t think I am making this stuff up (trust me, I’m not that creative), let me read you her comments.    

Statement 1:
“If you look at the map of the United States, there is all that red in the middle, places where Trump won. What that map doesn’t show you is that I won the places that own two thirds of America’s Gross Domestic product. I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward. And his whole campaign, Make America Great Again, was looking backwards.”

*** So let me get this straight, if I just happen to live in a state you FAILED to carry in 2016, this means I am pessimistic, conforming, boring and backward thinking? My God, I never realized I was so horrible. Maybe I should just go home now and blow my brains out.

Statement #2:
“We do not do well with white men and we don’t do well with married, white women, and part of that is an identification with the Republican Party, and a sort of ongoing pressure to vote the way that your husband, your boss, your son, whoever, believes you should.”

***Excuse me, I was wrong. All along I thought you were the first women running for President. I completely missed the fact that you were the first Neanderthal.   Tammy Wynette is looking down at you and smiling, while married, white women everywhere want to know if you need to have your meds checked.

Let me sum it up.   If you have to insult and denigrate large parts of America to compensate for your own personal failure, you are no better than, than, than.,...Donald J Trump. 

Oh no, not the ‘D’ Name.  Anything but that!  Swear at her all you want, call her every god-awful curse word in the book, but never use the ‘D’ name!

Too late friends, I already did.

Sadly, Hillary Clinton is incapable of admitting that she just turned out to be poor candidate who turned in a very poor performance.   She won’t admit that she failed to connect with anyone outside her base.  She won’t acknowledge the critical fact that she foolishly neglected the good people in the Midwest who once represented a strong piece of the Democratic base, that her failure to set foot in Michigan and Wisconsin and barely give the time of day to Pennsylvania would cause her to lose a paltry 100,000 votes and the Presidency. She refuses to admit that it was her campaign failure which gave rise to the surprising success of Donald Trump and left our country in such miserable shape. 

While I am sure she would have made a very good president, she was a very poor candidate, and without the later, you don’t get a shot at the former.  It may be unfair, and it may mean that we don’t always get the best people as president, but that’s how they game is played.

Looking ahead, it’s not clear to anyone who the Democrats will put up to oppose Donald Trump in the 2020 Presidential election.  That is the big question facing the Democrats today. Who will they look to for leadership?  At the moment, it’s anyone’s game. Twenty-plus names have been bantered around with absolutely no one being considered the front runner. 

But after the Hillary Clinton debacle of 2016, maybe that’s the best news the Democrats have had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment