Wednesday, May 10, 2017

#32 - Perception...is 9/10ths of the Law

I had to go back through all my earlier posts to be sure, but my assumption was correct.  With the exception of calling out Democratic Senator Nancy Pelosi for overreacting and calling for Jeff Sessions to resign, I have been  silent on all this Russian stuff.  That is because I just couldn't believe there was much to it, so I barely touched it.   Oh, I certainly believed that the Russians were guilty of hacking in to  John Podesta's emails.  And maybe one of Trump's cronies, whether it was Flynn, Manafort, Sessions, Jared or Page, all of whom spoke with the Russians more than the Democrats prior to Trump taking office, did something stupid.  It wouldn't be the first time, 

But I really just didn't believe that there was any substance to claims that they pro-actively colluded with the Russians.  While I have continued to point out the ongoing incompetence routinely exhibited by the Trump administration (there just aren't enough hours in the day), I just couldn't believe that they would do something so outwardly stupid, illegal, immoral and most of all unpatriotic.   I just couldn't believe it.

Last night, my opinion changed dramatically.  While Democrats clearly view the firing of FBI director James Comey as Nixonian, and numerous Republicans have expressed the sentiment that the timing of this was disturbing, disappointing or troubling, Trump's team still says this has nothing to do with the Russian investigation and its all about restoring public confidence in the FBI,   Personally speaking, I now believe that the Trump administration is capable of much worse than stupidity and incompetence, and I want to know who is going to restore public confidence in the executive branch of our government, because it's not the current guy sitting in the Oval Office. 


It may very well be there has never been any collusion with the Russians on the part of anyone within the Trump campaign team or the Trump Administration, that remains distinctly possible.  


But you sure wouldn't know it by the way they are acting.


No comments:

Post a Comment